Sunday, November 22, 2009

A little bit of everything (rambling) ...

I am looking forward to this week. Unlike last year I will be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner this year.

I had my throat dilated almost two weeks ago. It hurt like crazy for a few days and then started getting better. After not being able to eat much of anything for several months I am now starting to eat again (not sure if this really is a good thing or not :)). I am a little sensitive to cold still but it gets better each day.

I have several appointments next week. One with the nutritionist to see about getting weaned from my feeding tube. One with a neurologist to find out about the terrible headaches I keep getting that stick around for days. One with my oncologist to discuss "the future." (I dislike these type of appointments the most) And one with my GYN because it's that "oh so lovely being a woman" time of the year. :)

I am hoping that when I meet with my oncologist that we get to talk about (AGAIN) being weaned from steroids!! I have never ever been this heavy ever in my life. And while I have never really been a thin type of person this extra weight I have put on the last few months has really sucked and I'd like to be able to put on some of the winter clothes I already have and not have to go out and buy some more.

My mom and I took all the grand kids to see New Moon Thursday. We had tickets for a special premier at 5:30pm which we got after we'd already gotten tickets to the midnight showing. So we went twice ... I slept thru much of the second show. I really liked New Moon more than I liked Twilight, and I LOVED Twilight. I am happy we don't have to wait another year for Eclipse. 220 more days ... my nieces let me know EVERY day. :) In between shows we went to dinner and had some really fun conversations with the kids. It was a great time and I love spending time with them ... and my mom too.

Looking forward to shopping this year ... I've missed it the last two years. The plan is to have Thanksgiving dinner early and then half of us will head to Toy R Us and the other half will go to Wal Mart. We even talked my mom into going this year. As of right now there will be 16 of us going. I think the only ones who are staying home will be my Gram and Madi. :)

Speaking of Miss Madi she is FINALLY starting to "like" me again. Earlier this year some things happened that "spooked" her (no I didn't hit her) and for the longest time she wouldn't come near me and when I had someone hold her so I could pet her I could tell it stressed her out. So I allowed her to "like" me again on her own terms and we're now friends again. So glad because I love that little puppy like she were my own child. She gets to go be groomed tomorrow. She'll be pretty for Thanksgiving ... with bows and all (see, I told you she was my child). :)

I may not post again before the holiday so I'd like to tell all (three - if you still read) of you how thankful I am for your prayers and thoughts and friendships this last year. They mean a lot to me. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

hugs ~

4 comments:

Sam said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I'm thankful to have you in my life! The kids are thankful for their Aunt Chan!!!

Tina said...

Sounds like you had a really great Thanksgiving...so glad!

~Hugs

kristi said...

i haven't forgotten you, its just absolutely nutty around here. hell, i'm not even really on FB much, if you can believe that!
wanted to wish you a very merry christmas...AND a happy new year!

kitchu said...

i've missed you so much and was really glad to see this long update (even though i'm late getting to it).

i think of you so often Chan....