Monday, April 28, 2008

Work, hiking, and "stuff"

Work was GREAT!! I never thought I'd say this, but I actually enjoyed my first day back. I also found out that I am still on the "traveling" squad, and my first business trip is the 20th of May. Oh what fun ... umm, yeah!!

The weather here in Utah has been great the last few days. Today it got to 76. That's AWESOME!!! This weekend I spent the entire weekend with my oldest niece and nephew. It's always fun "hanging" with these two.



They talked me into going hiking. I cannot tell you the last time I hiked. Probably 20 years ago, if not longer. I've never been a hiker, but since I've lost weight (59 since October) I decided to see what I could do. I actually didn't do too bad. We hiked a 1 1/2 mile trail up Big Cottonwood Canyon, and then hiked back down. So, total I hiked 3 miles. I was huffing and puffing, but it felt great. And I felt great afterwards. I wish we would have taken the camera. But we're going to do another hike soon, so I'll be sure to take the camera then to share pics.

There's a lot of "stuff" going on with Jordan. Even at 19 he STILL gives me gray hairs. And I have enough of them already. He's been dating this girl since summer. She was his first "real" girlfriend. He has been in lala land since they started dating. She is wrapped around his finger (and heart). Last week he comes home with "news" that I wish I hadn't heard. This girl is pregnant, BUT she doesn't know if the baby is Jordan's. Needless to say he is devastated. I, on the other hand, am sort of pissed. Not that she is pregnant, but that she "doesn't know who the father is." Hello ... Jordan ate, slept and drank this girl 24/7. And behind his back she is sleeping with someone else? Not acceptable in my book. But what can one do?

2 comments:

Sam said...

Um...YIKES!!! The boy needs a lesson in birthcontrol so this NEVER happens again!!!

Glad to hear the hike was so much fun. Go and enjoy your life!!!

Sam

kitchu said...

I'm sorry this girl isn't sure, that's incredibly sad considering his obvious affection for her.

Glad you're hike was fun, and it's great to see you on this new site!