Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh the naughty thoughts I had today ...

I have this fear of dentists! It's not a little fear, it's a HUGE fear. I've had this fear for as long as I can remember. Before today I would have said that I'd take "poison" dripping thru my veins over a shot in my mouth. And that's the God honest truth. That is how much I dislike going to the dentist.

Today I visited my fear. However, today was a little different. Actually it was a lot different. This was my first time going to this particular dentist, and man am I happy I saw him (and I mean that literally ... shhh!!) My last dentist was an absolute jerk. Telling me my fear was "made up." And yes, he did say that to me. Ok, so anyway, when I called to make an appointment I mentioned how terrified I was and the receptionist told me she understood (under my breath I was saying yeah, right), and she phoned in a perscription for Valium.

I'd never taken Valium before and was a little hesitant. But I knew I needed something to get me thru this visit with my head still on my shoulders. So, I trotted off to the pharmacy to pick it up before my appointment. I was instructed to take it one hour before my appointment. I hurried home, popped that nice little pill in my mouth, then proceeded to drive myself to the dentist. Oh my my!! Yes, I did notice the little label that was stuck to the prescription bottle which said "MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS; use caution when operating a car or dangerous machinery." But I've taken pills before that have this same exact warning and have never had any trouble being behind the wheel of a vehicle. I do have to say that I am glad I made it to the dentist's office and that no one was injured while I was operating my car.

I was in lala land like you would not believe. I even had to hold on to the wall as I walked back to the room when they called my name. And when the dentist walked into the room ... oh goodness!! I had to rub my eyes just to make sure I was seeing straight. This man standing over me was Prince Charming in scrubs.

I am sure that I looked like a nut job (and sounded like one when I was asked questions) laying in that big chair, with my mouth wide open, eyes staring at the ceiling, doped up on Valium. But can you imagine the daydreams I was having of Prince Charming in scrubs while I was laying in that big chair, with my mouth wide open, eyes staring at the ceiling, and doped up on Valium? Heaven have mercy on my soul.

After today, I'll take a scrub clad male over "poison" dripping into my veins as long as Valium is administered first.

Wait ... would that make me a druggy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This man standing over me was Prince Charming in scrubs."

I just spewed coffee all over my computer screen after reading this post. Between the "oh the naughty thoughts I had today" title of the post and the comment above you had my attention. I am so glad I found your blog. Please don't ever stop writing. You are so real and I thank you for it.

Jodie

Sam said...

heeheehee...

So did you make a pass at him???? You know, you could and then blame it on the drugs! Glad you had a good visit!!!

kitchu said...

You totally cracked me up with this post... I'll have to remember valium for my next big dental visit! Though my dentist isn't that cute :(

And YES, you can link me, no problem.

~Kristen said...

Ahhhh... the valium induced prince charming... thats the best kind isn't it!!!