and she walks again ... very slowly ... and soon she will be running!!
Tomorrow I start coming off of the steroids I have been one for such a long time. Because I have a heart arrhythmia I will be closely monitored. I was supposed to start a "training" program tomorrow, but since I have been sick the last several days it has been postponed until Monday.
I talked to my trainer today (who is in close communication with my doctors) and he seems to think I am going to be able to do a 5K run in 6 months. He said I should be able to do a 10 minute mile by then. I about fell off my chair laughing. But he swears up and down that it will happen, and that the way he will be training me won't put much (if any at all - that's what he said) stress on my already stressed out heart. And he is aware of how UNHEALTHY I am and how much I weigh.
I am excited to see how it all goes down. Me in a 5K AT ALL is something I never thought possible. Which makes me all the more excited. I say BRING IT ON!!
Also ... between the last time I posted and now I am again in remission. Yep!! That's right.








3 comments:
WHOOOO HOOOOOO!!! It is SO great to see your face! Welcome back! I will so be cheering you on in your quest for the 5K! YOU CAN DO IT!!
So glad to see you back here again!!! Welcome back!! Hope there is more to come!
Glad to hear that things are going so well for you. You deserve it.
Post a Comment