Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dear "A Reader" ...

Your email ...

Several months ago you stated that your cancer had returned and that you had no more treatment options. If that was the case than how can you be healthy enough to be traveling I would think that you'd be on your death bed and not jaunting cross country and living it up. I laugh at how you bitch and moan and complain about how much your life sucks and how sick you are yada yada yada but you seem well enough to me. Your all drama and you crave attention. Just how really sick are you? Does God know?

Sincerely,
A reader


My response ...

Dear "A Reader"

First let me start by saying that if you find it necessary to email me in the future please do so from an account you plan to KEEP so I can respond properly. Who opens an email account, sends an email, and then deletes the account before allowing the emailed recipient a chance to respond? Why the need to hide? What are you afraid of? The TRUTH?! I am an adult and I would assume you are, too. Why not act like one?

I am assuming you are referring to the post "(raw) Random thoughts" from May 2nd when you say that I stated I had no more treatment options. Maybe you should go back and re-read that post for you will find that I never said I did not have any more treatment options, instead I said my options didn't look too promising. I do believe there is a difference. A big difference. Perhaps if I had said I didn't have any more options then I may indeed be on my death bed. But I never said such a thing.

I don't seek out readership for this blog. Besides my family I could probably count on one hand how many people read. I hardly ever post, and when I do what I blog about is VERY minimal compared to what is going on "behind the scenes." I rarely leave comments on the blogs I do read. I am extremely shy and quiet, and a very private person. If nobody left me another comment, or if I never posted to this blog again I wouldn't care. We all have opinions and if your opinion of me is "drama and attention seeker" then so be it. Whatever!! I know better.

I do have good days, and days that allow me to "jaunt cross country" and "live it up" with a really good friend and her family (ask Sam just how many times that trip was canceled and rescheduled only to be canceled again). But I also have shitty days, and days where all I do is "bitch and moan and complain." (we all do) Cancer sucks!! And some days cancer MAKES MY LIFE SUCK!! But I am grateful for every day I am given. And if you beg to differ then you need to read my profile (which I have not changed) and go back and re-read my entire blog. The little things I used to take for granted I no longer do ... like being able to eat ... because over night that ability could be taken from me again ... FOREVER!!

And just how really sick am I? I guess that depends on what your definition of "really sick" is. The cancer tumors I have in my body should be "sick" enough. But if it isn't then how about the fact that I spent 36 hours Thursday and Friday being infused with a poison so strong that I was vomiting nearly nonstop for 20 of those 36 hours, and the other 16 hours found me dealing with nausea, cracked and bleeding mouth sores, the most hellish metallic taste in my mouth, and body aches that would make the common flu bow down and give praise. Or how about the fact that the slightest change in humidity can cause the muscles in my throat to tighten and expand to the point of needing to breathe into a paper bag with my head between my knees to keep from hyperventilating, passing out, or even going into cardiac arrest due to the heart arrhythmia that I have? Or the fact that every six months for the rest of my life I will need to have my throat dilated because of the transplant I had 18 months ago, and that I take medicine daily so my body doesn't reject said transplant? Or maybe the fact that I have a constant headache that not even oxycontin or morphine seem to be able to touch? Not to mention the fact that I have been thisclose to death twice. Is any of this "well enough" for you? This is my life. I live it daily. Would you like to trade places? If not then I assume I am "really sick" and too sick for you to be a judge of.

Now run along and take your "does god know" question with you.

Sincerely,
Chantele

7 comments:

A Beautiful Mess said...

holy sh*t....I thought I had seen the worst of nasty blog comments, but I guess not. WTH.

Feel well, jaunt all you want as long as you can!! (and that goes for all of us!)

still can't believe that comment.....

Special K said...

WTF? Who sends someone an e-mail like that?! All I can say is karma is a bitch... and it will come back to those who take such great effort to attack others.

Live your life the best you can and enjoy every second of it. No apologies and no excuses. Good luck girl.

Sam said...

Chan,
You don't owe anyone, especially some judgemental hateful moron, an explanation! I've seen you suffer and still drag yourself out to watch a 12-year-old boy play baseball or sit through 3.5 hours of a ballet recital. ALL WITHOUT COMPLAINT! You are an amazing woman!
"A Reader" can stick their comments where the sun doesn't shine! And "A Reader" should walk through life very carefully because Karma is a bitch!!!

Love Ya! See you in 8 weeks!
Sam

H said...

What makes people think they have the right to say anything about what other people are doing with their lives?! As far as I am concerned, everyone on this planet should travel, have fun, enjoy life, etc. to their last moment. Obviously, "A Reader" is incapable of doing that and feels the need to attack others. Stop me if I am wrong, but you didn't ask for sympathy in the post they were complaining about. You were simply venting some strong emotions. And, amazingly, this is your blog and you can do that!!! If someone doesn't like it, they shouldn't read it!

I agree with Special K and Sam, karma's a bitch. See ya in 8 weeks for some Graeters and Ritters!

~Kristen said...

I am stunned... I don't even know what to say. It's just so unbelievable that any human could be so ignorant. so hurtful. so suck in their own misery that they feel you should be right there with them.

Your positive energy is so amazing... I don't know anyone as strong as you... Live large... love every second.

Karma is powerful, they will soon see that!

Doreen said...

UGH! Why even bother with trash like that?????? That's just plain sick!
Hang in there!

Doreen in Montreal

kitchu said...

I almost wish you hadn't wasted an ounce of your precious, beautiful energy on this low life.

Not even worth a moments notice.

I love you girl. I know what you've endured, suffered, and MORE IMPORTANTLY... WHAT YOU HAVE RISEN ABOVE.

I've said it before- YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION.

I don't know how you do it- or how you do it WITH A SMILE. You are AMAZING.

XOXOXO