It's 6 in the flipping morning and I was just awakened by some dumbass who obviously has absolutely no respect for others. And this isn't the first time, nor the second, NOR THE THIRD!!
It started a few mornings ago. The phone rings, I look at the clock, wonder who in the hell could be calling at 6:20 in the morning, and grab the phone. It's a wireless number that I don't recognize so I let the machine get it, but no message was left. A few minutes later the phone rings again. My heart sinks because that is what Jordan does when he calls. I answer the phone and the voice on the other end asks if this is "such and such dentist office." I kindly tell him no and hang up. I crawl back into bed, relieved it wasn't Jordan, and ask Ki who calls the dentist at 6:20 in the morning? I mentioned the bizarre call to a few other people throughout the day and then don't think a second thing about it.
Next morning, we're sound asleep and the phone rings. I glance at the clock and it's 6:30. I reach for the phone only to discover it's the same number that had called the previous morning. I answer it and the guy again asks if this is "such and such dentist office." In an irritated voice I tell him it wasn't the morning before, it still isn't and does he realize what time it is. He apologizes and hangs up. A few comments to the same people I told the day before, a few laughs from Ki, and then not another thought about it.
Wednesday morning rolls around, and I was up and out of the house before 6:15 am with no phone ringing. However, when I got to work Ki informs me that the "dentist" guy called just minutes after I had walked out the door. When Ki answered it the guy hung up without saying a word. So, Ki calls the number back and doesn't get an answer. By this time I am starting to wonder who this person is and how he got my number.
Wednesday afternoon I got home from work completely exhausted, and feeling nauseated so I figured I'd lay down until Ki got home hoping it would make me feel a little better. I had just barely gotten to sleep when the phone rings. Any guesses who it could be? I hesitate as I reached for the phone but I answered it anyway. What I hear on the other end makes my eyebrows raise, my eyes bulge out of my head, and turns my tummy upside down. I immediately hang the phone up and then sit there in total disbelief. How in the world did it go from "such and such a dentist" to heavy breathing grunting sounds? Who is this person? And why me?
Yesterday, thankfully, I was skipped.
I didn't answer the phone this morning, but he called back twice. I called the police yesterday when this freak took it to the porn level, and was told there isn't a thing I can do, and to ignore it. Yeah, that's easy to say when it's not your phone ringing at the butt crack of dawn.
Today I had every intention of sleeping in, too. UGH!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
turn the ringer off (I do it all the time!) - if it's important they'll leave a message and you can call back when you get up. You won't be bothered again. It's such a relief to take back the uncouth calling hours.
The more you answer, or respond in any way (call the phone company, call the number, etc.) the more this guy will call you.
Works like a charm!
Yuck! I'm sorry. I say turn the ringer off too.
oh.my.god.
(hey, sorry we didn't connect, you around this weekend?)
i cant believe he is still calling-we dont have the ringer on in our bedroom either and i keep the answering machine turned down low and just check it when i get up-i hope you figure out who this creep is.
Post a Comment