Friday, December 5, 2008

Good news ...

Earlier this week I had an MRI. The results ...
all tumors in my esophagus are gone
the tumor on my liver has shrunk by 2/3

The initial plan was to shrink the tumor and then remove it. However, since I don't handle anesthesia all that well we had to scratch that plan and go with a plan B ... which was radiation therapy with hopes of more tumor shrinkage.

BUT!! I got a call from my doctor late this afternoon and he said it's 70-80% possible that the tumor is DORMANT!! So, for now we're going to watch my counts and see what happens.

IT'S PARTY TIME!! Time to celebrate!! Victorious!! YAHOO!!

Thanks so much for all your support. You can never know how much I appreciate it.

hugs ~

9 comments:

kitchu said...

Thank you so much for your email Chan!!! I'm still over here dancing and singing and praising all the gods!!! And so glad to see the additional good news about dormancy!!!!!! I'm celebrating with you but never had a doubt!! Your spirit is your strength...

Love you love you love you!!! I will not stop praying and thanking God!

Jenna said...

I'm so happy for you... this is such great news!

Doreen said...

WOW!!!! Wonderful news! I knew you could do it!!!! ;-)


Doreen in Montreal

Kim said...

OMG..this is such terrific news!!! I'm so happy for you!! Keep the faith and we'll keep those good thoughts and prayers coming your way!!!

Special K said...

That is amazing! Wonderful wonderful news. Keep up the fight, girl. You are one tough cookie! :)

Kayce said...

So amazing Chan!! Jumping up and down here! God is good!

~Kristen said...

What a wonderful post to read... Celebrate, Celebrate, Celebrate!!!!

Always thinking of you...

Julie and Steve said...

This is amazing and WONDERFUL news. You make the FOURTH person I know who this year beat cancer's BUTT (including my sister and my grandma!!!) Simply awesome.

HAPPY, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Julie said...

Wonderful news for the New Year! May God bless you richly in 2009!