Friday, August 21, 2009

I couldn't have read that correctly ...

I am baffled. Shocked. Disgusted. Um. Um. Um. Yeah!!

Perhaps some may have already read this. I mean, I am about to quote a very popular (or supposed) mommy blog. Yesterday this mommy posted to her blog her views on "discipline." In this post one of the things she talks about is the way she responds to her children when they are doing something they shouldn't be doing. And she said this ... "I usually get a better response from our MSC when I kindly let them know what I would like from them. So, my response becomes, "My ears will listen when they hear nice talking," instead of "Quit whining!" It's "Why don't you try patting baby Stell*an on the tummy?" and not "Take your gosh darn finger out of his rectum!" ...

Say what? Are you kidding me? Let me go back and re-read that again, because I sure as hell couldn't have read what I think I just did.

Kids fingers in the babies rear end? Are you for real? Is she for real? Am I missing something here? Huh?

I guess I now know why I never won a Mother Of The Year award. Because you can bet your smelly ass finger that had I ever caught Jordan sticking his finger in any one's rear end (his included) I sure as hell would not have politely told him to pat the tummy instead. I would have raised my voice and told him to get his damn finger outta the hole, go wash it pronto and if I ever caught him doing it ... scratch that ... I know I would never have caught him doing it in the first place, so there would have NEVER been a second time.

What in hell are her kids doing with their fingers in the babies behind? Better yet, why are her kids (and if you read her blog, this supposed 3rd most popular mommy blog, you know that her kids are four years and younger) close enough to her un-diapered baby for their fingers to be where they clearly shouldn't be?

And who in the hell would even blog about their child putting their finger in their younger brothers butt?! Who does that? Please tell me that I am not alone in thinking that just isn't right.

Seriously, who blogs about shit like that?

9 comments:

Tina said...

I so enjoyed reading your take on this and I am laughing so hard it is not funny!

BTW I agree with you 100%...and you are so right...who would even blog about something like this?

Makes you really wonder about some women and their abilities as a mother.

I would say see needs to focus more on teaching her children appropriate behaviors and you are so right...fingers DONOT belong in others rear ends! End of story....

Great blog and I am now a follower.....

Erin said...

You are soooo not alone. It is gross, and even worse to blog about it!!

PJ said...

Great post!
She is so shooting herself in the foot with the "aren't I just such a cool, free spirited mom who lets my kids do all kinds of crazy stuff" image.

I don't think half (if that) of what she says about all of it is even close to true. One day (hopefully soon) it's gonna get her in trouble.

And her conservative blog puppets will likely start questioning her sanity if she continues down the Yellow Brick Road of Embellishment.

Candi said...

Yeah, I must say I had to do a double take when I read that.

I get that she is likely being sarcastic, but I don't think was the right thing to say. Way too out there for me.

Special K said...

Dammit... I don't know who this is. But I'd love to go back and read the original post. You have my e-mail if you're so inclined to point me in the right direction.

But in the meantime... your post cracked me up!

Kayce said...

OMW!! I have no words. No words.

kristi said...

holy crap... i came to your blog after seeing you on "the other blog" and I'm so glad I did because I couldn't stomach enough of her post so I NEVER saw what she'd written there. Holy Crap...!!!

Jenna said...

"Seriously, who blogs about shit like that?"

Pun intended?

Cindy said...

You rock girl!!! Please dont leave us on the other blog. We NEED your humor! Hurry back! We've gone from religion, to anus, to liquor, to diva cups, to WIC, to PeeWee Herman and finally back to the dance offs!