Monday, September 29, 2008

Nine months? Not if I say so ...

When I got "the call" one of the things I was told was the treatment I did (whatever it would be) would more or less treat my pain but would not eliminate the cancer. Then they put a time "sticker" on my life. Nine months. They'd be surprised if I was still "around" next summer.

Umm ... HELLO!! Nine months? Yeah, JUST WATCH ME PROVE YOU WRONG!! I refuse to think that all I have left is nine short months. I have way too much I still want to accomplish before I am not "around" anymore.

So, I have decided to not go the conventional medicine route. No more chemo. No more radiation. I am going the alternative medicine route. I ordered the product this afternoon, should get it by the end of the week. I have not decided yet if I am going to have surgery to remove the tumor or not. As of right now it really isn't an option. But could possibly be in 6 weeks. So, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

My doctors are not very happy. I guess they don't realize how "not very happy" I am that they've basically called my death.

Am I nervous? Heck yeah!! But I have complete trust in my faith, and in the power that is inside of me.

I will fight back. I will win. I will never be defeated.

It's all about THIS day forward.

7 comments:

Sam said...

Go get 'em, girl! Show them how very wrong they are!!! You know I'm cheering for you!!!

Love ya!

H said...

You go Girl!!!! It's amazing what you can do in life with positive thoughts. Like Sam, you know that I am cheering for you!!

Kayce said...

WhooHoo girly! Positivity is your medicine and I'm here to help you take it! Lots of positive thoughts for you from me. HUGS.

kitchu said...

I love your spirit Chantele :O) And I will always be cheering from your corner!

Special K said...

My prayers and support are there for you, too. You are an inspiration. ((Hugs))

Doreen said...

You keep fighting!
hugs and prayers,Warrior Girl!

Doreen in Montreal

~Kristen said...

Always thinking of you Chantele.. Sending prayers and cheering your fighting spirit on... If anyone can fight this its YOU!!!