Sunday, June 8, 2008

New treatment ...

I did have chemo on Friday, but up until the last minute it looked as if I wouldn't get it. My blood counts hadn't been favorable all week - but something gave and they were borderline on Friday so I was able to get my first injection for this treatment.

I had a really good day yesterday - felt "on top of the world." But today I am back to being sick after every PEG feeding, tired, weepy. FRUSTRATION!! I know these days are to be expected but it's so hard to have so many bad days in a row, have a really good day where nothing hurts, not sick, feeling better than I've felt in weeks, and then go back to pain, not being able to talk, icky yucky blicky feeling. I guess it's sort of like the adoption roller coaster so many of you are on/have been on. So, in a way I guess you all can relate. Some days totally suck, huh?!

I am going to try to get around to all the blogs I normally visit - to catch up and say hello. I have been such a comment slacker.

As always ... thanks so much for the support.

Kris ... the name of the drugs are Cisplatin and Irinotecan. I am doing the 5 week protocol (3weeks on, 2 weeks off) and hoping to do 3 courses consecutively.

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Always know that prayers are being sent your way.Feel better soon.

Doreen in Montreal Mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Sam said...

So sorry, sweetie! I hope you feel better soon. You know you are in my prayers! *smooch*

Kayce said...

Thinking of you.

Are you home or in CA right now for treatment??

kitchu said...

Hey Chantele- sorry it's going a little rough. I am always thinking of you and was wondering how it was going. I had a crazy weekend but had wanted to call. Glad you updated all of us though :O)

I continue to pray and meditate for you.