Yesterday I crossed a HUGE milestone. 3 weeks ago I was lucky if I was able to gag down a little bowl of applesauce. Yesterday I consumed 1341 calories. HUGE progress is being made in that department. I still have the PICC and am getting TPN twice a day, but if I can maintain my weight and not lose any for a month then I will get it removed and I will be free from any feeding tubes/machines. That would be so nice.
Friday I finished an entire work week without any problems ... but I am feeling it today. I practically was gone from the time I woke in the morning until I went to bed at night. So, I am dead to the world today. But I enjoyed being back. One BIG thing with being back to work ... business trips. And this week I have one. Guess where it's at? CALIFORNIA!! I am scared beyond words. So scared that I was so close to quitting on Friday. The humidity there is so flipping HIGH right now. I am so terrified of a repeat of the last time I was there on business. But since I am more aware of what could happen I will be extra alert, and will not hesitate in seeking medical help should I start to have any problems with my throat or my breathing. I leave tomorrow afternoon and will be back Wednesday evening. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly. Did I mention I am TERRIFIED?!
Jordan has officially moved out. He came and got the last of his things this morning. It was sad. I cried like a baby ... he isn't leaving under the best of circumstances. But he is a big boy now and can make his own decisions so what he wants I am going to have to accept. But I still cried. I worry about him like any mother would worry about their child. He'll always be my baby no matter how old he gets. I remember when I couldn't wait for this day to come ... now that it's here I don't want it to happen.
I so wish I had little feet running around the house again. Sigh.
That be all folks. I have laundry that needs to be done so I can finish packing.
Have an excellent week, all.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, i can certainly understand your fear... good thing you really know what to look out for-
Now I'm going to be worried until I hear from you! Please be careful!!! It's hard letting go of your baby. Hang in there, sweetie! And keep that food coming!!! ((((HUGS))))
*smooch*
HUGS! When are you coming out to CA? And were may I ask will you be? If you're anywhere near the Bay area...I'd love to have some applesauce with ya! ;)
Take care of yourself. There are people out here that worry about you. :)
Post a Comment