Saturday, May 10, 2008

19 years out, and STILL going strong ...

(I think this was the "celebration" tag on Allie's shirt)

It's always great fun when Race For The Cure comes to Salt Lake. For as long as they've had it here it's always been the Saturday before Mother's Day. What a PERFECT day!!

Our team was big this year - 51. A HUGE thanks to Garrett and Nichol Kramer for being our sponsors again this year. You guys totally "ROCK OUR WORLD." :)

This was an emotional one for both my mom and I. We walked, hand in hand, the entire route not saying a word. The tears and sniffles said it all. I am so incredibly thankful that my mom has survived her cancer and has been here EVERY step of the way while I battle mine. I do not know what I would have done without her by my side - these last few months AND today.

Here's to another 19 PLUS years, Mom.

My mom with 4 of the 6 grandkids ... Abbie, Ashlee, Allison and Adam (missing ... Jordan, and Andrew)


My mom with grandkids, and my Gram and sister

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Auntie Nana" -- I LOVE to hear your nieces and nephews call you this.

I almost wasn't going to open this post. I thought for sure you would have posted that horrible pic of Cyvie and I. THANKS FOR NOT!

Whoooohoooo for 19 years. Your mom is so dang cute. I just love her to pieces.

Your whole family mean so much to me. Thanks so much for always making us a part of your big group. I only wish you would have felt better. Please take care of you! You worry me, especially after seeing you today. You always tell me you're ok, but I found out today that's not always true. Your friendship means the world to me and I don't know what I would do without you in it.

After reading MANY of the comments people have left there are tons of people out there you can "lean on" and call if you need to. Please do it! You're a fighter, girlfriend. And I know you will beat this thing.

Can't wait to share Mommy's Day with you and your Mom (and whole family) tomorrow.

WE LOVE YOU, CHAN!

Jodie

Sam said...

Way to go!!! I promise to walk with you on your 19th!!!

Thanks for the call!!! I'm here whenever you need me!

Sam

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Oh my God, I just got your email. Honey, I am so sorry this is happening again. You cannot and will not, I just won't let you, get back into that slump you were in. I feel like you are blocking me out -- what is with blocking all of us from emailing you? And why did you take down your email address from your blog?

Chantele YOU WILL BEAT THIS MONSTER!!! Stand up and FIGHT! With all you've got, girlfriend.

I am here, you know this. Don't give up hope. I'm not.

I love you so dang much.

Jodie

patti said...

i cant believe who big abbie and adam have gotten-i remeber how wild they were :) CONGRATS TO YOUR MOM now i know where you get your fight for life from! hugs