Friday, May 23, 2008

Update from CA

I am actually updating tonight from CA. As I type this Chan is in surgery. They were able to remove Chan's breathing tube yesterday morning and early this morning she was moved to the hospital where her oncologist is at. Just before 5 o'clock this evening she went into surgery. We just got an update that they were able to remove her tumor and are now starting to dilate her throat.
I probably won't be updating any more tonight unless something significant happens. It's been a long day and I am exhausted.
Thanks for all of your prayers and support. I was able to share with Chantele a few of the comments that were left and some of your emails before they prepped her for surgery. She needed them. She is so lucky to have so many people on her side.
And a huge thanks to Sam for the blog makeover. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Chan's face when she saw it. She really liked it.
Jodie

7 comments:

Sam said...

Thank you for the update, Jodie! Chan is so lucky to have such a great friend like you!!!

Tell Chantele I was honored to tweak her blog (did it tickle?). Give Chan a big hug for me and tell her I'm counting on meeting her this fall when she visits Kentucky. I want a picture of my daughter sitting on her lap!!! We're all praying for her!

patti said...

let her know im mad at her-not really of coarse-she was suppose to maybe be coming to my hometown so we can be healing partners/roommates and see who was the biggest baby or butthead :( I know she is in good hands though and im praying for all of you staying by her side getting her through this as always.Tell her to keep that positive attidude she had when we talked the other day..hugs from Patti and the new layout is very nice-the lil girl looks like somebody in her family as i remember her! Love ya Nanners

Lindsay said...

May today dawn brighter for you. Prayers...

C's Mom said...

Still sending prayers.

kitchu said...

Thank you so much Jodie- please send her my love, I have not stopped thinking of Chantele or praying for her since you first posted. I am so encouraged to hear the ET tube is out- progress. She is such a fighter and such an inspiration.

Special K said...

Thanks for the update. I've been worried and thinking of her.

Kayce said...

Thank you for the update...sending our prayers.