I am a reader. I absolutely LOVE to read. I was one of those kids that when I was growing up, I got in trouble for reading too much! I will read just about any genre from romance, mystery, action, fantasy, and anything in between.
This book, Blindness, by Jose Saramago, has got to be the most difficult book I've ever read, yet one of the BEST!!
I bought his book way back before Christmas. I started it probably a dozen times. The way in which it's written was so hard for me to get into. I'd get a few pages into it and sit there trying to make out who said what, then end up closing it and letting it sit for a few days before I'd start the cycle over ... read, wonder, give up.
I took it with me to California hoping I'd be able to "get it." OH MY GOODNESS!!! Once I was able to get over the lack of quotation marks and punctuation I couldn't put it down. I read all 326 pages in 2 days. I was pulled in. I had to pick my jaw up off the ground a few times, because I couldn't believe what I was reading. The lack of common decency was ... horrific. Unbelievable. Yet the unselfishness that one person had in order to stay with the one she cared for, and be the eyes for people she didn't know was ... amazing. Unbelievable. I was so enthralled. My eyes begged for more. My fingers couldn't turn the pages fast enough. This book was superb! Click here to read a review. Then go get the book and read it.
And if you all were wondering ... HOME never looked so good.
((hugs))








2 comments:
How wonderful to see things looking up for you. You've been in my prayers.
Oh your last sentence WARMED me to my bones. So glad your home. I'm like you, got in trouble for reading TOO much!! I am always with a book of some sort. I'll add this to my list but I'm finding less and less time to actually read! And of late I mostly read non-fiction (lots of monastic type writings)... should crack up a parenting book once in awhile, but then I wouldn't get to continue living in denial!
Post a Comment