Ok, so I know some of you want details about my amazing night last night. But I have something more AMAZING to talk about ...
Two weekends ago I was having extreme difficulty swallowing. So much so that I was in tears even swallowing my own saliva. My mouth had sores in it because instead of enduring the pain of swallowing I was wiping out any and all secretion I was producing inside my mouth.
The home health nurse came that Sunday and told me that it wasn't a good sign, and she put in a call to my doctor. He scheduled me to come in the next day, Monday, May 5th.
I went in, was examined, had a CT scan and was told the scarring from my surgery and radiation had advanced more than they thought it would and I'd need to go to California to have my esophagus dilated. This wasn't too much of a shock to me because I was told before I left California that I'd have to have this done every 6 months anyway. Arrangements were made for this to take place next week.
This past weekend I started back with the horrible swallowing pain, but also intense burning pain from the back of my throat all the way to the pit of my stomach. It was like someone had poured Tabasco sauce down my throat. Even breathing was difficult at times. On Sunday morning I put a call into my doctor here in Utah and waited for him to call me back. Five hours later I get a call from my doctor in California. He tells me that from the scans I had done on the 5th it showed my cancer had returned. Apparently they were going to wait to tell me this when I arrived next week.
Monday afternoon I got a call from my doctor, he wanted me to go in for a MRI yesterday. I then get another call stating they want ANOTHER CT scan. So, I go in for that this morning. This afternoon I get yet another call. My doctor wants to meet with me before the end of the day. We get there and are immediately taken to a room. The doctor comes in and starts to show me the 3 different images that they have gotten the last 10 days ...
The first one was the CT scan taken 10 days ago. It CLEARLY shows 3 spots, one of which looks HUGE.
The second one is the one from the MRI yesterday. In that one it shows ONLY 1 spot.
Then the doctor puts up on the screen the two CT scans - first the one from May 5th, then next to it the one done this morning. Amazing!!
You would have thought you were looking at scans from 2 different people.
The scan done today shows the same spot that shows up on the MRI. And that spot is quite small. That spot is the same spot that looks HUGE in the first scan.
Two spots GONE. The 3rd spot reduced OVER 3/4 in size.
Amazed? My doctors are, too.
Their comments ... they actually didn't have any. They were stunned.
My comments ... please keep chanting and praying. AMAZING MYSTIC things are indeed happening.
Also a HUGE thank you to Staci. Without your encouragement and presence in my life who knows if I'd be typing this today. As you always say ... ONWARD HO!! (dude) :)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Bless you girl....I will keep you in my prayers as you continue onward, fighting all the way while you are on this journey.
You inspire the hell out of me and most of the time you don't even know it.
Amazing things happen to amazing people. And you, girlfriend, are the most amazing person I know.
Your strength, your courage, your wisdom, your honesty, your attitude, your personality, your wit, your charm, your laughter, your beauty, your determination, your poise, your unselfishness, your love for others, and the list goes on --- it ALL amazes me!
The people who can call you "their friend" are some of luckiest people alive. For you, my dear, are one of the truest forms of friendship around.
Thanks for allowing me to be your best friend. I love you!
Jodie
PS Sawyer, who's been up with a fever all night, wants me to tell you that she loves you to the rings around Saturn and back. (you two make me smile -- see I told you that you inspire me in ways you don't even know -- it's a simple as the little things you say to my kids)
Wow! Prayers are still coming at you! Hang in there! We have plans for this fall, remember?!
AMAZING is right....
Those prayers are always coming!!!
Happy Good News! May great things come to you the rest of 2008!
Alyson LID 01/27/06
I have been gone at the monastery and your spirit is SO inspiring... KEEP fighting Chantele!!!
Post a Comment