You all want in on a little secret? The best way to shut someone up is to dilate their throat. No kidding!!
You want to know something else? CALIFORNIA HUMIDITY SUCKS!!! No kidding. I guess I should be grateful that UCLA took me on instead of Mayo in Jacksonville ... I can only imagine how I'd do with the humidity in Florida. And those images aren't too pretty. So, to Kris and Patti ... while I WANT to come visit, umm ... no. At least not anytime soon. Maybe in January.
If I could walk up and hug each and everyone of you, I so would!!
There is so much I want to say (yeah, verbally, too), and while THANKS!! doesn't seem like enough, it's gonna have to do - for now anyway.
One thing I'd like to mention ... INSPIRE. While I know many of you have said that I inspire you, please know how much you ALL inspire me. The outpouring of love and support that has come from both of my blogs has been unfathomable. The emails, the calls, the cute little messages I get on my voicemail, the comments, the messages that have been passed on to me, the ecards, the flowers, the gifts ... THAT - you guys - is what INSPIRATION is all about. That is what inspires me to stand up and WANT to face this head on. It's what makes the good days great, and the bad days more bearable. So each time you think about how inspiring I am, please remember that you're just as, if not MORE, inspiring, too.
So, how am I? I know you're all just dying to know, right? The truth? I hurt like hell. And I want a HUGE bowl of chips and salsa and no one will let me have them. :) The pain is something I can't even describe, so I won't. I was told each day would get better. Yesterday I had an awesome day, and was looking forward to today being even more awesome. But I think someone failed to mention that the "each day better than the last" wouldn't start happening until the anesthesia was totally out of my system. Because today I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a mack truck. But isn't that what life is all about ... two steps forward, one step back? As one person has said to me several times ... this is only a tumbleweed blowing across my path. It's all about this day forward. So, "onward ho." (dude)
I'll try to post again soon, but the next few days are going to be full of trying to get HOME, to my own bed. I've been teased by MANY that I'll become a hermit crab like I was the last time (back in Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar). But I promise that I won't let 4 months lapse between posts. PROMISE!!
Good night, all.
Oh, and Sam, I LOVE IT!!! And it DID "tickle." :)
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








9 comments:
So glad I'm the one who tickled you!!! ;o) Also glad you approve of your tweak! It's all done with love, sweetie!!! *smooch*
Now be a good girl and get your ass back home! No pinching the interns or groping the cute male doctors, well unless they REALLY deserve it!!! Hope you start feeling better soon. I'm here for you, Chan! No matter what!
Have I told u lately how much I heart u? I do I do. Your the bestest and I wouldnt want any other Auntie in the whole world.
heart ya,
Omalley YOUR Allicat.
So good to hear from YOU!!! I've been reading the updates on your blog. You've been in my thoughts and prayers for a long time. I'm soooo glad you are on the road to recovery. Can't wait to read that you are HOME and recovering there as well. Take care of yourself and update us when you can. Many good thoughts and vibes from me to you. Can you feel them ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~......
Cheers,
Kim
DANGGGG ITTTTT!!!! You always find some excuse to not come visit me lol-i guess i can understand this reason since I can barely stand the humidity in Fl. either and i sure would hate for you to have a spell at my house :) we're ata crossroads-you know the issues i have with flying now so no telling when I'll ever get to fly out to see you-we suck lolol...but atleast we keep our sense of humor to get us thru our challenges and the support of our loved ones...Be a good patient and dont give anybody any chana lip ;) luv ya woman!! thanks to jodi and dana for the updates!
Bursting into happy tears again. Love you Chantele and so glad you are on the road to recovery.
SO glad to hear from you!! Glad things are okay...thinking of you.
I don't know you but I am thrilled things are moving forward and I am praying for your strength.
Doreen in Montreal
What a great post to read... since it is from you!!!!
I'm so happy to hear that you are beginning to heal. I was so scared for you when Jodie put up that first post... I'm so thankful that this part is now behind you and you can move forward.
So good to hear from you Chantele... as always, will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.
Late to respond here... But so very happy to see you're the one posting!
I can tell you that I've felt the worst pain ever as well. And went to the brink. But I came back .... and every day it does get a little better. So hang in there. And keep fighting. :)
Post a Comment