Oh the tears ...
You guys are all so wonderful. The comments and emails I received after my last post really touched me. THANKS!!
I do plan to continue where my last post left off, just not today. But I will finish, I promise.
Now to address the ANONYMOUS commenter, and the questions you (whomever you are) asked. Let me first say that getting an anonymous comment, while I am sure your intentions were sincere, sort of hit me wrong. It's like hearing the phone ring, looking at the caller ID, seeing the words "anonymous caller," and turning and walking away while the machine answers the call. I seriously wanted to delete the comment without reading it. But since you took the time to comment, I took the time to read - you're lucky. Just to let you know, though, after this you'll HAVE to let me know who you are if you want to comment because I've disabled it. And please don't take this the wrong way, like I said before I am sure you're intentions were sincere, I just needed to vent about my dislike for people who can't identify themselves, especially following such a difficult post. If you only knew.
Anyway, to your questions. I'll answer the last one first. My email addy ... JMBB216 - yep, those letters and numbers do mean something. It's all about my son. His name; Jordan Michael B (my last name) B (his dads last name - which by the way are not the same, we just happen to each have names that start with "B"), and his birthday; February 16.
Your next question pertaining to the reason behind "Happily Imperfect," and whether being imperfect can actually be a happy thing. Along with your anonymity this, too, sort of hit me wrong. But then I realized that your definition of imperfect is probably a lot different than mine. And that's great. It's what sets each of us apart - makes us each individuals. Perhaps you are a "perfect" person. Wonderful. I, for one, am not. I will be the first to admit that I've made mistakes - a lot of them. I've learned from them, grown from them, and moved on. I am not perfect, I never will be. Therefore, I am imperfect, and yes, I AM happy (well, for the most part anyway). One of my all time favorite quotes is from actress Crystal Chappell. During an interview she was asked if she had any regrets. Her reply ... "I don't think I have one. I am a happily imperfect person." I loved her honesty. I loved the quote. It stuck. So, there you have it. The reason behind "Happily Imperfect." In the coming days you'll see "Happily Imperfect" come to life. Watch for it.
It's beautiful here in Salt Lake today, so I think I'll be heading outdoors to enjoy the Spring weather.
I hope you ALL have a fantastic Sunday.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
When I saw that anon. comment I knew you wouldn't be to happy. We need to go to 24 hour again. You pick this time.
Jodie
An added note for Anon:
Is there such a thing as perfect??? Every person has their own idea of what perfect is. What I consider to be perfect, isn't what you would. So doesn't that make ALL of us imperfect? Are you happy with who you are and your life? Then yes, you can be happily imperfect! Gee, I should've gone into psychology. ;o)
you know whats so funny-my headline on myspace is "BEING IMPERFECT IS BEING PERFECT"! you and me always are thinking the sameway or typing the same thing! lol I too knew you wouldnt like that anon.person-dont blame ya...
Post a Comment